In this post I am going to be looking at how presenters come across to the audience. I will be looking at how news stories are presented by news presenters in news bulletins, by choosing two different radio stations. I will listen out for age, gender, language, tone of voice and interaction with other presenter. I am doing all of this to help me script my own news bulletins.
The first news bulletin I looked at was on Capital radio. The presenter was a young male. He spoke quickly and in a more relaxed tone and used colloquial language.
The second new bulletin I looked at was on BBC radio 4. The presenter was an older male. He spoke slowly and clearly with frequent rests and used very formal language.
Representation is very important, after listening to two completely different radio stations news bulletin, I found that the way the news is presented is according to who the target audience is. For example the fact that the news presenter on capital was young and used colloquial language, indicates that the radio is directed at a younger audience, whereas radio 4 the presenter was older and was presented in a more formal way suggests that the target audience is older.


No comments:
Post a Comment