In my radio show I want to include adverts (to help target a specific audience and reflect that the radio is local), so I am going to research how adverts are structured. I am going to look at adverts online and print media. Although these adverts are very visual whereas on radio they are purely in an audio format, these visual adverts will help me understand the structure of adverts.
Below I will be analysing some television adverts and discussing if they are suitable for the radio or not.
Thomas Cook's 2015 TV Advert
I don't think this advert would work on radio, because it is completely visual, apart from music that plays throughout the entire advert with a brief pause.
Sneakers Mr Bean TV Advert
Although this advert is very visual, I think with the right sound effects it would be possible to have this advert on the radio.
Save The Children TV Advert
I think this advert would work on radio. Although it is very visual the sound effects make it clear on what's happening, for example at the beginning of the advert we hear people singing happy birthday, making it clear to the audience there is a birthday party going on. If I were to do this advert on the radio I would add a voiceover to support what is happening visually.
From doing this research I have discovered that most of TV adverts are visual. There are two kinds of adverts, adverts with a narrative and adverts without a narrative. In my radio segment I want to include at least one of each styles of adverts. To create an advert with narrative I am going to have to use lots of sound effects and music, so the audience can visual what is happening.



No comments:
Post a Comment