After listening to a number of radio stations it has become clear to me that all across all radios there are certain connections that will appear for example, Jingles, Presenters, News and Music, whilst certain radios and shows have specific conventions associated with the target audience. For example the way the Radio Jingle sounds and the news stories that appear in the news bulletin, even the gender and the way the presenters speaks is designed to target a specific audience. The adverts that appear on radios are there to target their specific audience, companies choose a radio that has the same target audience, so that the products are likely to sell. The type of music being played will appeal directly to the target audience.

While creating my show, I am going to have to think carefully about who my target audience are in terms of gender, age and lifestyle, and I'm going to have to make sure that when choosing the music and writing the script, that its appropriate for my target audience.
In order to see who my target audience is I am going to do some research. First I am going to do a questionnaire with questions such as why do you listen to the radio? and what the of music do you listen to?
And secondly I am going to look at research others have conducted.
No comments:
Post a Comment