Saturday, 16 April 2016

Evaluation - Using Conventions of Real Media Products - News

The main feature if my radio show is a news bulletin so I did lot of research on The 5Ws, News Values and the way news is presented in newspapers, online and on Radio, so that when I scripted recorded and edited my News Bulletin it would sound as authentic as possible.


I then analysed a few different new stories, local and international to see the similarities and differences of news values. This was significant as I wanted my radio to sound like an authentic local radios station.


I listened to number of different radio station news bulletins (both Nation and Local) to see if the types of stories mentioned depended on the style/genre of the radio station and the target audience. 
This helped me script my news bulletin, using news stories that are appropriate for my target audience and deciding what order the news stories should go in. 


I researched other elements that are found in New Bulletins, such as archive clips, voxpops soundbite, outside broadcast, correspondents and expert guests, so I could include them in my news stories. 

Here below are a few voxpops from a news story about a student protest in Brighton. The voxpops are of young students expressing their anger and the reason why they are protesting. 







Here below is a soundbite from a news story about a contest winner giver money to here former school.

No comments:

Post a Comment