Saturday, 30 April 2016

Evaluation - Preliminary Task to My Radio Final Extract

My understanding and skills in technology have come a long way since I recorded my preliminary task. I feel like I have a level of understanding when it come to the use of sound effects, music and layering on multitrack.

Although my preliminary task is almost completely different to my final radio extract, they share some of the same conventions, such as jingles, presenter, guests and soundbites.
When I recorded my preliminary task, I didn't know what could be achieved by using Adobe Audition, and spent little time planning, scripting and recording and even editing it. I didn't think carefully about representation, as a result of this the extract didn't sound authentic and I wasn't too happy with my final preliminary task. However this process helped my gather an understanding of what can be achieved by through the technology, and how the process of recording and editing works.  When I had finished my preliminary task, I make a note of what I didn't want to include in my real radio extract and thing I did what to include, before I stared scripting my real radio extract. I knew I had to do research and planning to get a better understanding of the different conventions and representations used in existing radio stations.

Preliminary Task Evaluation

One of the most important things I learnt from my preliminary task was how much thought I should put into representation. During my listening task I paid close attention to the different voices I heard and planned carefully who would play who in my radio extract, so that my radio would sound as authentic as possible.

I hope that when you listen to my preliminary task and my finished radio extract (Bright FM), you will be able to hear a significant difference, and how the mistakes I made in my preliminary task, especially regarding representation changed the way I scripted recorded and edited my final radio extract.



No comments:

Post a Comment