Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Evaluation - Audience

I did a number of tasks in my research and planning on audience. Including a questionnaire to get an understanding of audience listening habits and looking at existing radio stations and Ofcom.

Audience
Questionnaire
Target Audiences and Websites 
OFCOM

Doing this research and planning helped be get a better idea of who my audience was, and the conventions radio stations use to target their audiences (through adverts, jingles, guest, songs and even news bulletins).

My radio station Bright FM is a local radio station targeting audience in and around Brighton.
The majority of my radio content is aimed at local audiences targeting them directly. Here are some of examples of what you would expect a local radio station based in Brighton to have; News stories (that have taken place in or around Brighton or involving someone from Brighton), weather specifically for the region and Jingles (that make it clear to audiences that Bright FM is based in Brighton). In my research and planning I looked at and analysed different local radio stations, giving me an idea of the elements local radio has and what conventions they use to target a local audience.

Local News - Business
Local News - Health
Comparing National and Local News Bulletin








  I have made certain elements on my radio to target my audience, based on the research I have done on a local audience that listen to 70's/80's music. One of the adverts I have scripted (Swift Cabs)  I thought would target a local audience, the other advert (David Bowies Jukebox) I thought would target my audience as it is an album of music my audience listen to.
I also included news stories that are based in or around Brighton, directly targeting a local audience.

Potential Adverts to Indicate Target Audience


Another convention I used to target my audience was through the songs I played and the tone in which the presenter spoke (which is relaxed, calm, excited and mature, as he introduces songs and guests, that will appear throughout the show).




No comments:

Post a Comment