Saturday, 16 April 2016

Evaluation - Using Conventions of Real Media Products - Adverts

To make my radio sound a realistic as possible, I did some research on adverts. I found that there are two different types of adverts on the radio, one with a narrative and one without a narrative. I also found that the products advertised on a radio are chosen carefully, as it reflects the target audience.

RadioVille
Potential Products to Advertise

Some adverts have a narrative like my Swift Cabs advert. I created a scenario where a woman is waiting a long time for a cab, so long that see forgets. This part is there to emphasising having to wait for a cab. Suggesting you should order online with Swift Cabs.
Here below is the final edit of the advert for Swift Cabs. I have used conventions I heard while researching adverts such as voiceovers, sound effects creating an atmosphere where the advert takes place and the name of the company repeated frequently throughout the advert.



Other adverts simply outline the product they are selling and where/when it is available. I chose one of my adverts to be a release advert of a David Bowie inspiration tracks. Which I though would be ideal for my target audience, as the album is sure to have songs my target audience will like. I included conventions I heard while researching similar kinds of adverts, such as a voiceover telling the audience the song featured on the album and the realise date, extracts from songs that are featured on the album and the name of the product and the beginning and end of the advert.

 

While listening to different radio stations for research I noticed adverts are a very important convention of radio. I also noticed adverts often appear before or after news bulletins, so I though it would be essential to include adverts on my radio to make it sound more authentic.
To make the adverts sound more realistic I used a number of different song and sound effects, also showing that I understand the conventions of adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment