Monday, 21 September 2015

Preliminary Task Evaluation

While scripting, recording and editing my preliminary task, I learnt a series of things that will help me produce my five minute extract from an imaginary local radio station:
  • The software Adobe Audition 1.5 allows you to edit out mistakes and pauses you might have made while recording, which meant if I made a mistake or there was a long pause I didn't have to record the whole section over again. 
  • While choosing the people to be in the preliminary task, I didn't give much consideration to how their voices should be represented. When I do my full extract I will consider representation more carefully and direct the actors to sound more realistic. 
  • You can add sound effects over the voices making them sound, for example, if they were in a city their voices would have an echo. 
  • For my Jingle I used a simple format, using only two layers: The impact sound and the voice.

  • For the presenter section I recorded the presenter and guest separately, then edited them together, editing out all mistakes and pauses.

  • For my archive clip, I used numerous layers one being the voice, the others being sound effects.
  • To create the archive clip I recorded and edited things separately, before putting them together, later with sound effects. 



  • I learnt that compression makes everything louder, so that anything quiet is brought up to an equal level, giving the authentic effect of real radio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment